Aerial view of Obersalzberg

After the handover of Berchtesgaden without a struggle by Landrat Karl Theodor Jacob, Allied troups occupied the former "Fuehrer's off-limits area" on May 4th, 1945. 

Aerial view of Obersalzberg from reconnaissance plane of the U.S. Seventh Air Force on May 15, 1945. The Platterhof with Hoher Göll guesthouse in the top centre of the picture (left, location of the Dokumentation Obersalzberg) has been destroyed along with the houses of Bormann and Göring (top left); in the foreground Camp Antenberg, right the theater.