Kehlsteinhaus and Berchtesgadener Landesstiftung

In 1960 the right of use pertaining to the former NS real estate situated in Berchtesgaden region, as far as it was owned by the Free State of Bavaria, was transferred to the Berchtesgadener Landesstiftung (Berchtesgaden foundation), which was founded especially for this purpose. Included amongst this property are also the Kehlsteinhaus (The Eagle's Nest) and the Kehlstein road, which was opened up for tourists as early as 1951. The income is used for social, cultural, and municipal purposes. The Berchtesgadener Landesstiftung also administers the  Obersalzberg Documentation.

12